TACOT (Trusted Multi Application Receiver for Trucks): TACOT will develop an innovative function which will deliver trusted GNSS-based position, velocity and time data to ITS applications.
TACOT is a project co-funded by the European Commission in the frame of FP7 (Galileo area) and managed by the European GNSS Agency (GSA).
TACOT aims to prepare the introduction and promote the use of EGNOS and Galileo in the road transportation industry through the realisation of a Trusted GNSS function to be used by the Digital Tachographs (DT).
The TACOT main achievements are to:
- Design a trusted GNSS function, that can be implemented in the commercial vehicles and supply trusted PVT information and modify an existing DT design to take into account this new capability,
- Ensure that the new design do not compromise the security,
- Draft an extended DT interface specification to embed it into the commercial vehicles system architecture,
- Develop a prototype of extended DT including the trusted GNSS function and the interface it with a third party ITS application, to validate these concepts,
- Propose as inputs to the ad-hoc standardisation bodies the 'trusted GNSS' protection profile and the new extended 'DT interface specification'
- Propose solutions for the next EU regulatory framework about DT.
The role of SQUARIS is to support dissemination activities, produce the Market Study as well as the Exploitation and Business plan.